Thursday, January 5, 2012

bye bye blue goose

Not to long ago, one of my few treasured 'knick knacks' fell to it's death. I inherited Blue Goose from my great aunt Julie after she passed away. I use the term inherited loosely, as I choose it as a memento of all the time I spent with her. When she was alive, and Blue Goose lived with her, he sat on a little shelf near her kitchen sink. After dinner, she and I would wash the dishes - she washed, I dried - and as I was waiting for the nest plate, pot or lid to come my way, Blue Goose and I would stare each other down. He lived in that kitchen for a good 30+ years... with me, he survived a mere 2 years.

I placed Blue Goose on a ledge in my dining room. Big mistake. While he sat up there proudly for 2 years, the vibrations from doors slamming in the condos common hallway shook him to slow death. I managed to glue most of him together, but a large chunk of his neck is missing. No amount of super glue has been able to secure it back on. I haven't given up yet.. he sits on a bookcase shelf awaiting the right apoxy fix as I can't bear to part with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment