Saturday, February 9, 2013

Stitch Fix #3

P

My third "fix" arrived from Stitch Fix the other day. They knocked it out of the park this time around. I loved every single piece in the box.  Every piece is fantastic and I can really feel the quality. Thank you, Miranda! (my stylist for this fix.)

In case you missed my previous post containing Fix #2, Stitch Fix is like having a personal stylist at your finger tips. 

To recap, you pay them a $20 styling fee and they send you five glorious items of fashion forward garments specifically picked based on your style profile. The $20 is applied to the purchase of one or all of the items they send. If nothing suits your fancy, simply mail back the clothing in the pre-paid mailer and your only out 20 bucks. (It covers their styling fee and the shipping back and forth) I LOVE this concept and so far, I have yet to lose my styling fee. 

Fist thing I noticed - snazzy new packaging! I'm a design geek and these things impress me. 


Ok, - so here it is (but once again, I would like to note that I am not, nor do I believe I am, a model) Forgive the pale New England complexion and funny faces):

Item #1: 
First out of the box and TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH is Kensie Bay Polka Dot Cropped Skinny Jeans.  I love the subtle polka dots on the denim - they are surprisingly fun. I paired them with my striped 3/4 length tee and a bold orange necklace. I love the way the two patterns contrast each other, but again the subtle polka dots are not at all overwhelming. I want to keep these. I want to live in these. But they are one size too small. I mentally tried to talk myself into thinking they fit, but I have to remind myself of one of my fashion rules: "Just because they zip, doesn't mean they fit". I will request them in my next fix a size larger. These will be mine.

Kensie Bay Polka Dot Cropped Skinny Jeans.

Item #2: 
Natural Life Chaimbers Knit Cowlneck Top. It's blue. It's soft. It's flattering. I think I could happily live in this simple little top. I think it works well with jeans for a casual look, but I am still trying to figure out how to make it business-y. I thought maybe with my white pencil skirt, but I realized I didn't have great shoes to go with it.  I may need to remedy this. What do you think? A keeper?

Natural Life Chaimbers Knit Cowlneck Top

Item #3: 
Hello, I am in serious love with this Daniel Rainn Bilson Pleated Tab Sleeved Blouse. It's so flowy and feminine. The pleated detailing on the front and the tabbed sleeves are just a combination made in perfection. I love that I can wear it with black leggings or jeans and boots or tuck it into trousers or a pencil skirt and transform it into work wear. This is a keeper.


Item #4: 
I figured while I was wearing this top, I should go for a double whammy Stitch Fix Combo. Here is the Aryn K Flora Chiffon Trim Blazer. I love this blazer. It's a straight cut, slightly short and trimmed with delicate chiffon. I threw it on with the blouse and pencil skirt to make a "suit" and for the most part it worked. I then moved onto a more casual, fun look with jeans. I like it a lot - I just can't figure out if the sleeves are too short or suppose to be that length. Thoughts? Are the sleeves suppose to be that length? Should I keep it?


Aryn K Flora Chiffon Trim Blazer

Item #5: 
Last but not least, is this most awesome Westgate Shirt Dress from Costa Blanca. I like when I can winterize a dress and pairing this one with leggings, boots and a comfy cashmere scarf is a look I can live in. I think the bare legs version needs some work - different shoes for sure. Maybe black heels or flats? Even some colored tights would make it fun. Regardless of the accessories kinks to be worked out, this is a definite keeper!


Fix #3 has been the best by far. They aren't joking when they tell you that the feedback you provide makes for better fixes in the future. That's why it's really important to give good, precise feedback. I'm basically scheduling Fix #4 immediately. I really want to get those Kensi Polka Dot jeans in my size. I had asked about exchanging, but they were either sold out or the jeans were all out. I was planning to keep the whole fix - this is the first time in 15 pieces that something has not fit - and I wanted to use the 25% discount they offer when you buy the whole fix. They generously offered to allow me to use the credit as a one time service and still send the jeans back. I am tempted to do just that. They seriously have the best customer service. I can not say anything bad about them

If you haven't already signed up, you can do so through this link. I do not work for, nor am I paid to post this blog, but if you use that link, I do get a $25 referral credit. Isn't that just nice!


4 comments:

  1. Definitely keep the blazer, it's so classic. Love everything you got! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't think the sleeves are too short? They fall somewhere between 3/4 and full length but maybe I'm not as much of a fashionista as I thought :) I'm afraid my noodle arms look more... Noodle-y

      Delete
  2. I love all of the pieces, except for the navy knit top - and the polka dot jeans. I think both of those are a bit - ehh. The white blazer and the floral top are to die for. KEEPERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the blue sweater top - it hasn't wowed me over but it's well made and super soft. The polka dot jeans are just too cute - we will have to agree to disagree on those :) they are definitely trendy and I usually don't lean towards trends - you know me and my vintage leanings... But there's just something about them. I think yet appeal to my quirky side :)

      Delete