Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Sales Rep Conversation Chronicles: Episode #1

In case anyone was unaware - I am currently employed as what I refer to as an "Ad Monkey". The best part about my job - aside from all the air conditioning I can handle and birthday cake binges - is the awesome art direction I receive from sales reps and clients alike. I say it with a small side of humor as one has to find and love the humor in the little things day to day...  'cause unless you live in a sitcom (which sometimes I pretend I do) nothing hugely funny is going to happen to you every 24 minutes.

I was looking back at some small "notes" I had written about particularly amusing moments and will share them periodically - as well as add new ones. If you too are an ad monkey - you will appreciate the humor (and the mental cramping) of moments like these.

So without further adieu...

------------

Dear Sales Rep,
Let me get this straight. You have sent me the same email 5 times to make a 'very important change' to an ad. Now this 'change' is - you sent me a lores file, by the way, but let's not dwell on such small details - the customer is most insistent that I change out the black and white photo in their ad to a color one - the photo of the black and white dalmatian on a white rug being painted over with white paint...

Let me repeat - the photo of the black and white dalmatian on a white rug being painted over with white paint - it should be in color?

*whimper*


------------ 

I do really love the people I work with - it's the work that keeps me giggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment